Chipotle and Earth Force are empowering young minds to make lasting changes in their communities with the Sustainability Challenge.
How it Works
Ask for a Change.
Make Your Action Plan
After you've researched your food system and found an issue to address, you can submit your Action Plan to receive money to carry it out! Action plan funds are first-come, first-serve with only completed submissions eligible. Apply by January 31 to ensure there is funding available. The first 100 complete submissions will also receive an extra $100.*
Tell Your Action Story
Ready to share what you did to make your food system more sustainable? Tell us your Action Story for a chance to win up to $1,000 in prize money!* Top 1-15 submissions receive $1,000 and the top 16-30 submissions receive $500. As you carry out your plan, make sure to document your journey. This will become your Action Story. Get creative - you could film a video, take photos, create a journal, make a presentation, or something new!
DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2022
DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & DC, ages 8 to 18 years (minors must have parental consent). Enter between approx. 12:00pm MT on 10/04/21 – approx. 11:59 pm MT on 03/31/22. For Official Rules including how to enter, entry limitations, Earth Force and Chipotle’s usage rights, and prize descriptions, visit earthforce.org/csc. Sponsor: Earth Force, Inc.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
THE SUSTAINABILITY CHALLENGE IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION BY U.S. RESIDENTS AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 8 and 18 as of October 4, 2021.
- Contestants under 18 MUST get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Challenge.
- All contestants must partner with an adult mentor to be eligible for implementation and/or prize money.
- Original submissions will be accepted only through the Earth Force website. Action Plans will be accepted until January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM MT and Action Stories will be accepted until March 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM MT.
- Click here to view the Judging Rubric
- If you are under 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter, and we will verify that permission.
- All finalist groups will be required to complete a photo/video release form allowing Chipotle and Earth Force to use all photo/videos submitted.
- Relatives of employees of Earth Force or Chipotle are ineligible to participate.
- All action proposal entries will be reviewed by a team of experts comprised of agricultural scientists, policy makers, environmental professionals, Chipotle staff, and educators and implementation funding (available on a rolling basis until January 31, 2022) will be distributed to the student group via their adult mentor. All action stories will be reviewed by volunteer judges using the rubric (available at the Earth Force website).
- Prize winners will be announced on earthforce.org as well as Earth Force social media channels and will be notified directly via email.
- The winners will have 72 hours after the announcement/outreach to respond and redeem the prize.
- The winners will be required to provide documentation of their age and identity. The top 30 submissions will have the chance to win prize money. Finalist groups 1-15 will receive $1,000 and finalists 16-30 will receive $500.
- Prizes will be mailed by check to the adult mentor of the winners after confirmation of eligibility. By submitting the project, adult mentors agree to use the prize money to support the winning youth participants. All finalist groups will be required to complete a photo/video release form allowing Chipotle and Earth Force to use all photo/videos submitted.
- Prize winners are responsible for paying income tax on the prize as required by the contestant’s state of residence and by the U.S. government. A W-9 may be required depending on the level of funding awarded. Earth Force is capable of using a tax exempt fiscal agent (school, nonprofit, etc.) to streamline the funding and tax process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
- By submitting to this Challenge, contestants understand that his or her entry can be used in promotional materials and campaigns for current and future use by Earth Force and Chipotle for an unlimited period of time. This includes but is not limited to broadcast media, print, and social media use.
- By submitting to this contest, the adult partner’s personal information including name, address, email and phone number will be entered into a database for future marketing efforts set forth by Earth Force. This information will not be sold to any third party and you can unsubscribe at any time. Earth Force will not collect or distribute any personal information of minors.