We are currently hiring for a Program Manager in the Metro Washington, DC area.
Job Title: Program Manager, Chesapeake Bay Watershed
Earth Force engages young people as active citizens who improve the environment and their communities now and in the future.
Earth Force is committed to ensuring that young people have the knowledge, skills, and motivation to be effective civic participants who bring their environmental values to public decision-making.
We Achieve this:
By training and supporting middle school science educators in Earth Force’s award-winning Community Action and Problem-Solving Process; working with organizations to incorporate civic elements into their environmental education efforts; and promoting the efforts of young people to improve their communities.
Position Overview: The Program Manager is a leader who recognizes the importance of civic skills and youth voice as essential elements of developing an environmentally aware and civically engaged person. This position is responsible for:
- Recruiting educators to participate in Chesapeake Bay Watershed Earth Force programs;
- Conducting educator training and ongoing professional support;
- Identifying and connecting educators with experts and content resources on environmental topics to support the implementation of the program;
- Supporting and expanding existing relationships with schools, institutions, program partners, and organizations that conduct or provide expertise to Earth Force programs;
- Supporting local environmental organizations that are attempting to integrate Earth Force into their programming;
- Managing the Caring for our Watersheds (CFW) contest including:
- Promoting CFW to educators throughout the Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Serving as the primary contact for Nutrien concerning the CFW effort
- Supporting students/educators as they develop proposals to submit to CFW
- Representing Earth Force on the Student Environmental Action Showcase planning committee
- Securing judges and managing the judging process for CFW
- Reaching out to organizations across the Chesapeake Bay Watershed to solicit their participation in CFW
- Managing the CFW database (housed by Nutrien)
- Supporting efforts to integrate Earth Force into the curriculum at school districts in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed on an as-needed basis;
- Supporting special events through planning, facilitation, and resource development; and
- Other duties as needed.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in youth engagement, classroom education, or civic engagement;
- General knowledge of environmental issues and policies, civic skills, and civic engagement;
- Ability to work with classroom educators;
- Effective written and oral communicator, including public speaking;
- Effective problem-solving skills and attitude;
- Knowledge of Metro Washington, DC area;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle; and
- Able to travel 20% of the time.
The successful candidate is a self-starter able to work independently in a virtual environment and is an excellent time manager.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.