Join young people from across the Rocky Mountains as they improve climate resilience in their communities.
- Guide students in creating positive change around local natural hazards
- Collaborate with community members and experts
- Become eligible to receive funding to support project implementation
- Explore natural hazards in their community
- Research solutions to real-world challenges
- Engage with experts and community stakeholders
- Ask for real, sustainable change from people in power
- Share their ideas at the RISE Challenge Summit
Why it works
Student Change Agents
Colorado young people experience being change agents
This leads to increased resilience in the community (building their sense of civic efficacy)
...which results in the long-term engagement needed to ensure a robust response to the ongoing threat posed by climate change.