Earth Force is committed to developing and delivering high quality programming that supports educators and provides opportunities to young people. To this end, we have worked with Brandeis University’s Center for Youth & Communities for 15 years to evaluate our educational model. With the support of the Center for Youth & Communities we have improved our programming using an ongoing process of feedback and reinvention.
This process allows us to consistently provide high-quality programming that creates considerable value for communities. Our 2014-2015 evaluation results show:
- 91% of students demonstrate increases in 21st century skills such as problem-solving, civic action, and decision-making;
- 74% of students increase their ability to meet academic standards;
- 72% of educators notice an increase in their students’ interest in science;
- 56% of students show an increase in the ability to identify and use the skills needed to make a team work well together;
- 62% of students show an increase in the ability to “talk to people you don’t know about an issue you think is important;”
- 88% of educators increase partnerships with organizations in the community; and
- 98% of educators recommend Earth Force to other educators.
KIC-NET, our hyperlocal urban water education partnership, was recognized by the Change the Equation STEMworks Database as ‘Accomplished,’ identifying the partnership as among the most effective STEM education approaches!
- 2016 Achievement Award for Civic Education and Public Information (KIC-NET), National Association of Counties, 2016
- Environmental Education Award for Excellence for Best New Program (KIC-NET), Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education, 2014
- Outstanding Service to Environmental Education Award by an Organization at the Global Level, NAAEE, 2014
- Toyota TogetherGreen Fellowship – Donny Roush, Toyota, 2013
- Civic Data Challenge, National Conference on Citizenship, 2013
- Certificate of Merit, Credit Valley Conservation, 2010
- Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence, Pennsylvania Governor’s Award, 2007
- CF Industries National Watershed Award, Cooperative Conservation America, 2003
- President’s Environmental Youth Award, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2002
- Environmentalist of the Year Award, Environmental Research and Education Foundation, 2001